Whether it’s surgical, diabetic foot issues, or a wound that just won’t heal on its own, Lexington Regional Health Center’s Outpatient Wound Care Clinic offers specialized comprehensive care to help you heal. We strive to minimize or eliminate anything that might be keeping your wound from healing properly, while also providing wound care and patient education.
Our caring team offers a thorough outpatient wound management program, providing a comprehensive, collaborative approach to wound care. Tara Lawless, APRN, FNP-C, WCC, is board certified in wound care with years of experience. Tara works with a team of nurses to develop a comprehensive care plan to fit your needs.
We provide a thorough diagnostic evaluation, followed by a carefully designed case management program. The diagnostic and treatment plan is fully documented and communicated to your primary provider who remains an active member of the wound management team. With a healing rate of more than 80%,our program helps many patients completely heal within a few months.
Types of Wounds Treated
- Chronic wounds
- Diabetic wounds
- Non-healing surgical wounds
- Pressure wounds
- Slow-healing wounds
- Vascular wounds
Advanced Wound Treatments and Therapies
- Advanced dressings as indicated by the wound type
- Biological dressings & skin substitutes
- Cellulitis treatment
- Comprehensive medical evaluation and treatment
- Compression therapy
- Coordination of advanced surgical or medical care if needed
- Coordination of hyperbaric oxygen therapy
- Negative pressure wound therapy
- Non-invasive vascular studies