The medical records department maintains records for every person who has received treatment at our facility, including Family Medicine Specialists Clinic, Urgent Care, inpatient, outpatient, and emergency services. We also maintain records for our Bertrand and Elwood clinics.
How to Obtain your Records
- Print and complete the “Authorization for Release of Health Information” form.
English Form – Spanish Form
- Request the form by calling the Medical Records department.
- Mail or fax the form to the Medical Records department at the mailing address or fax number listed in the sidebar.
- Bring the form to the Medical Records department office, located within the hospital.
If you would like to personally pick up your records:
- Please specify on your request that you would like to pick up your records. Otherwise, your records will be faxed or mailed to the address listed on the Authorization for Release of Health Information form.
- Be sure to provide a contact phone number where we can reach you, should we have any questions
- If records are needed by a specific date, please specify that on your request.
- A valid driver’s license or other form of picture identification is required to pick up copies of your records.
How long does the process take?
- In most cases, record copies are available in less than one week.
- Some requests may take longer to process. If you have questions, you may call to verify the status of your request.
When a baby is born at Lexington Regional Health Center, families provide the Medical Records staff with information, which is submitted electronically to the State of Nebraska Department of Vital Statistics
During your delivery stay, you will be required to fill out a “Mother’s Worksheet” which provides our department with the pertinent information regarding your baby’s birth certificate. To expedite the birth certificate process during your stay, please mail or fax the form to our Medical Records department ahead of time. You may also bring the form to the Medical Records department before or during your delivery stay.
To obtain a certified copy of a birth certificate from the State of Nebraska, please follow this link http://dhhs.ne.gov/publichealth/Pages/ced_bicert.aspx.