Choose surgical care close to home.
When you need surgery, Lexington Regional has the expertise and compassionate staff you can count on. Trust that our general surgeons are here to guide you through each step of your procedure. From the initial exams through recovery and post-operative care, you’ll have the time you need to ask questions and learn more about your individualized plan. We take every effort to remove the guesswork and stress, allowing you to focus on what matters most – recovery.
Our surgery staff provides pre-operative care and education, evaluation, anesthesia, and post-operative care to the highest level of standards.
Procedures requiring anesthesia are provided by our team of certified registered nurse anesthetists (CRNAs). Our CRNAs are advanced practice registered nurses with specialized graduate level education in anesthesiology. They safely provide anesthesia, which may include general, regional (spinal, epidural and peripheral nerve blocks) and sedation techniques.
Lexington regional offers a wide variety of surgeries, including:
- Breast surgery. Whether you’re dealing with a suspicious lump or a confirmed case of breast cancer, our surgeons can help. We provide open biopsy and stereotactic breast biopsy surgeries, to help your oncologist understand your cancer. And we can provide lumpectomy and mastectomy surgeries to help you address breast cancer.
- Colon surgery. We can address colon cancer, colon polyps and diverticulitis with surgery. Some surgeries can be performed laparoscopically, so you’ll have very small incisions after surgery.
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) surgery. When medications and lifestyle changes aren’t enough, we offer surgeries that keep acid from leaking into your esophagus.
- Gallbladder surgery. We can use laparoscopic techniques to remove your gallbladder.
- Hernia repair surgery. We can repair hernias laparoscopically as well, and you’re typically able to go home the same day of surgery.
For more information about general surgery procedures and conditions we treat, please contact the Surgical Care Coordinator at 308-324-8358.
Thank you for choosing Lexington Regional Health Center for your upcoming surgery. Our goal is to provide safe, individualized care for all patients. You can help us develop your plan of care for surgery by meeting with our Surgical Care Coordinator before your procedure. Our team will review your medical history, provide you with instructions for, and help you plan for the day of your procedure.