Comprehensive care for women of all ages.
Our dedicated staff is well-known for providing you the comfort and ease that you deserve. They are able to assist you with many services including, but not limited to:
- If you are having periods more frequently than every 21 days, or if your periods are greater than 35 days apart, if you are experience bleeding between menstrual periods or if you are experiencing heavy or painful periods please consult your provider for an evaluation.
Personal consultations with our Botox specialists will help determine the best treatment plan for your unique needs. We want to help you look and feel your best. Botox is a nonsurgical treatment that helps improve wrinkles and frown lines in the face. Treatment is performed through small injections into the muscle to relax the muscles.
- Breast exams are included during your annual female wellness exam. If you notice any breast changes during a self breast exam please consult with your women’s health provider as soon as possible. We are able to provide imaging including mammograms, ultrasounds and breast biopsies on site if needed.
- Starting at age 21, it is recommended that you come in for a cervical cancer screening. Continue with screenings as recommended by your healthcare provider. On years that you are not due for a pap smear, continue with your annual female wellness exam to discuss other preventative measures and concerns.
Choosing your method of birth control is an important decision. Having a conversation with your primary care provider about the various methods and medications can help you understand how methods work, what is safest for your personal care, and how effective each method is in preventing pregnancy. We offer various treatments including, but not limited to:
- Fertility awareness
- Nexplanon implants
- Birth Control Pills
- Vaginal Ring
- Topical Patches
- We know that starting a family isn’t always easy, and we are here to help through an infertility assessment and any other questions or concerns you may have.
- It can be very common to experience urine leakage, but it is never normal. If you are having this concern, please talk with your healthcare provider. There are many options to help with this issue, including rehabilitation. We have therapists specifically trained in pelvic floor physical therapy to help treat incontinence.
- It is recommended that you shouldn’t go more than two years without having a mammogram. We have a radiology team dedicated to your comfort during this procedure including flexible scheduling times and a private setting. Talk with your healthcare provider about the best recommendation for your personal history.
- Many changes come along in the menopausal transition, we are here to help. The average age for a woman to start experiencing menopause symptoms is around age 50, but can occur sooner or later. If you are having any bothersome symptoms, or symptoms that you are unsure about, please speak with your provider about how we can alleviate these.
- Mental Health is part of your overall well being. We want to help you no matter what challenges you may be facing. We have certified mental health providers and counselors on site, here for you with confidential and motivational help.
Visiting Specialist, Dr. Tyler Adam, comes to Lexington Regional Health Center weekly. He is certified by the American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology and specializes in high-risk pregnancies. Our providers will work closely with you and Dr. Adam should you need specialized care.
Along with pregnancy, Dr. Adam also sees patients for:
- Pap and pelvic exams
- Irregular uterine bleeding
- Birth control measures
- Cervical biopsy
- Procerdures for urinary concerns
- At Lexington Regional Health Center, we perform comprehensive prenatal care including routine office visits, acute concerns, ultrasounds and postpartum care. Our delivering providers perform vaginal and cesarean births. Cesarean births ca be scheduled or emergent. Our specially trained obstetric nursing staff is here for your needs throughout pregnancy and during your delivery as well. We provide childbirth educations classes for those interested in more information. We want your experience to be special!
- If you are experiencing anything that is out of the ordinary, such as abnormal discharge or itching, we can evaluate possible causes and provide a care plan for you.